IMGs from Hong Kong for USMLE and Residency

Hongkongese doctors study for the USMLE and get the ECFMG certificate to apply later on for residency in the US. They apply through ERAS every year to the same programs that interview and match their peers. These programs include the following: IMG Friendly.

Physicians from Hong Kong will come to the US ahead of time to do 2-3 months of clinical experience to make their profile more competitive. They will do these rotations in the following hospitals before applying to residency: Observerships.

Hongkongese medical graduates usually come from these medical schools:

Chinese University of Hong Kong Faculty of Medicine
Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong